August 18th, 2017
If you are thinking about getting a new roof, there are many things to consider. First, it is important to familiarize yourself with the components that make up the roof. There are a few components that work together to form a properly functional roof. While the standard components such as roof deck protection leak barriers serve a purpose, the most important feature of a new roof is the shingle. The shingles are one of the first things people see when they look at your house. With that in mind, make sure to choose a shingle color that blends well with the rest of your home.
Four tips to help choose the right shingle color:
The following tips will be helpful when trying to determine which shingle color is the best choice for your next roof:
- Will the shingles match your house? Take a look at your home’s style— do you have bricks or siding? Is your home painted? Is the style traditional or modern? Please take a moment to look at the GAF Style Guide with HGTV HOME...
August 17th, 2017
At DunRite Exteriors, we want to make life easy for our customers. With the Online Booking Calendar, you can schedule an estimate on your computer or mobile phone. Simply click on the 'Schedule an Estimate Now' tab on our homepage and select a day and time that is convenient for you. You can set up an appointment weeks or months in advance. DunRite Exteriors is dedicated to providing Northeast Ohio homeowners with the best roof protection. As a GAF Certified Master Elite Contractor, DunRite can offer the best roof warranty protection in the industry to go along with best products.
If you prefer to speak with one of our team members, no problem. Feel free to give us a call today and we would be happy to assist you!
CALL DUNRITE TODAY AT
August 16th, 2017
Gutters serve a vital purpose as part of the home exterior. A properly functioning gutter system protects the home from potentially costly water damage. If your gutters begin to show signs of poor performance, it may be time to replace them before they can cause significant damage to your home. This post will highlight 5 potential warning signs that your gutters may need to be replaced. The following information was found on angieslist.com:
- Cracks or splits:â Small cracks may not seem like an issue, but small cracks will continue to expand over time. If water is escaping the gutters through cracks, this can cause damage to the gutters, the fascia board, the roof shingles, and the foundation.
- Peeling paint or signs of rust: The paint on gutters is designed to withstand the effects of weather and general wear and tear. Peeling paint or signs of rust on gutters that are not excessively old can indicate that water is not being properly flushed through the gutter system.
August 15th, 2017
Cleaning gutters is never a fun job. It is time consuming and potentially hazardous, and paying someone to clean your gutters is an unnecessary expense. However, clean gutters are an important aspect of home maintenance. Clogged gutters can lead to water damage to the roof and the foundation of the home. If you have a traditional uncovered gutter system, we recommend that you clean the gutters a few times per year to ensure that clogs do not cause expensive damage. When cleaning gutters, or using a ladder for any reason, be sure to follow proper ladder safety. Below are some guidelines and tips for ladder safety from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration:
- Read and follow all labels and markings on the ladder: It is important to be aware of any safety warnings and instructions that come with the ladder.
- Avoid electrical hazards: Look for overhead power lines before setting up the ladder. Avoid using a metal ladder near power lines.
- Inspect the ladder prior to use:...
August 11th, 2017
When thinking about getting a new roof, many homeowners focus on the color and style of shingle to choose. While it is important to choose a shingle that visually blends with the rest of your home exterior, there are other vital considerations. Choosing the right roofing material for your climate can save time and money down the road.
The following information was found on certainteed.com.
If you live in an area that can be affected by hail, impact resistant shingles may be the solution for you. Impact resistant shingles go through tests, such as dropping steel balls to simulate hail. With an increase in hail damage in recent years, some insurance companies have begun to require impact resistant shingles.
Prolonged exposure to sunlight and high temperatures can eventually cause roofing materials to degrade. Heat exposure can also heat up the home, which leads to increased energy bills from overuse of cooling systems. Some roofing materials can reflect the sun..